We’re modest folks here at Dirt.com. We’re not into tooting our own owns, bragging about how fabulous we are, or comparing ourselves to other sites. But if we WERE, we’d say that we’re better than everyone else and can list five reasons why. Oh hey look! Here they are!
(1) We don’t break news—we comment on it: A million and one websites are dying to get the scoop on the most recent Hollywood happenings. Don’t get me wrong—if I’m the first to find out that Megan Fox had a love affair with Carrot Top while she was porking Shia LaBeouf and Brian Austin Green on the side, I’ll blast the shit out of it. Until then, why recycle all of the same breaking news that the other sites are? We’ll of course report the important stuff, but we’re not aiming to be copycats.
(2) Our writers are submitting from ALL over the world: You know what this means? You’re getting opinions from people of all walks of life. We don’t just have writers in California. We have writers contributing from the other side of the globe, for crying out loud!
(3) You’re going to read everything: And by this, I mean every sort of opinion. Some you’ll love, some you’ll hate, some you won’t give two shits about. But they’re there. We’re not looking to be nice all the time or be bitches all the time. We’re looking to get our differing voices out there.
(4) Our content is the shit: You’re not going to just read opinions and stories. You’ll find Top 3/5/10 lists (like this one!), movie reviews, political pieces, and more, all with a Dirty twist, of course.
(5) And perhaps most importantly, we want YOU to be a part of Dirt: We encourage you to comment on all of our articles and we’re always looking to retweet and reply to the things you send us on Twitter. Agree with us? Great. Disagree with us? Even better. You won’t catch us hiding certain opinions because they’re different. All are welcome.