Call of Duty fans can download a brand new update on PlayStation, Xbox and PC. The new Call of Duty Vanguard update will need to be downloaded and installed before you can login and play online multiplayer and Zombies. Developer Sledgehammer describes it as a small patch, although it does contain one or two cruicial fixes. It’s particularly aimed at Xbox users, with a number of specific fixes for Microsoft’s console. This includes general stability improvements, as well as individual bug fixes for Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One. You can see the patch notes further down the page.
News of the update was revealed by Sledgehammer on Twitter, alongside a small preview about what to expect.
“We’ve dropped a small update to Vanguard!” reads a Sledgehammer tweet.
“Xbox players should experience better connectivity when loading into matches. We also squashed a bug that resulted in Mouse & Keyboard settings after an Xbox controller disconnect.”
Elsewhere, the new Call of Duty Vanguard update fixes an annoying bug that occurs during voting for the match MVP.
Prior to the update, the bug was causing some games to crash during the voting process.
There are even one or two fixes for the campaign, including one mission-ending glitch that caused players to get stuck in a deathloop during the Stalingrad chapter.
The full list of Call of Duty Vanguard February 1 update patch notes can be seen below…
• On Xbox, improvements have been made to reduce instances of crashing when loading into a match from Quick Play, Feature Playlists, and Private Matches
• On Xbox, a bug was fixed that resulted in controller settings switching to Mouse and Keyboard after a controller disconnect
• Fixed a bug that resulted in the game sometimes crashing during the MVP voting sequence
• Fixed an issue in which nameplates would occasionally not display on enemies
• The achievement “Ticket Please” can now be unlocked
• In Stalingrad, players will no longer get caught in a death loop if they take too long to get the sewer
• Fixed a bug in Operation Tonga that would sometimes result in a freeze and crash when shooting an enemy in the field
• Fixed a progression blocker in which Misha would become unresponsive