Fortnite developer Epic Games is ready to release update 19.20 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android.
Two weeks in the making, the new Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World update has a February 1 release date.
Fortnite update 19.20 has a 9am GMT launch time for fans living in the UK.
As a major update, the patch will be accompanied by a period of server downtime, which runs from 9am until around 11am.
Matchmaking will be disabled at 8.30am GMT, which means you won’t be able to join a new game after this point.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “v19.20 is covertly coming up (until we just announced it).
“The update is scheduled for release on February 1st. Downtime will begin at 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes before.”
As you can see from the tweet, Epic is teasing the release of something secret. This is almost certainly a reference to Covert Canyon, which is a rumoured new location.
According to Fortnite insider Shiina, the new update will also bring new Star Wars or Spider-Man items.
You can see the full list of patch notes below…
Fortnite update 19.20 patch notes…
Battle Royale fixes…
• Games and points not counting towards tournament score
– Sometimes a tournament match will not record a game’s points on the leaderboard and the game will not register as played.
• Spiderman’s Web Shooters drop with full uses from eliminated players.
– Spiderman’s Web Shooters will restock to the full 80 uses when dropped from eliminated players.
• When navigating to the Compete Tab, the cursor automatically takes you to the far right of all the tournaments.
– When a player selects the Compete Tab in-game, the cursor automatically takes the player to the farthest right tournament.
• Players respawning in the Creative Hub during games
– Players can respawn in the Creative Hub when eliminated during a game instead of respawning on the map
• Charge Shotgun doesn’t save in Item Spawner
– We’re aware of an issue that is causing Kits charged shotgun to not save in the item spawner.
Save the World fixes…
• Husks can damage objectives through player built structures in Deliver the Bomb
– It’s been discovered that the Husks can still damage objectives through player built structures in Deliver the Bomb.
• Toggle Harvester Tool button not working on consoles
– The toggle harvester tool button is not working on consoles in STW. Instead of swapping between weapons and the pickaxe, it is instead pulling the pick axe out again
• Players not gaining access to Expeditions despite meeting the criteria to get them
– Players Expeditions menu is not showing up for players despite reaching the point in which they can unlock them
Switch and Mobile fixes…
• The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
– Players can not always see the Storm forming and coming near them due to the Storm visuals being more transparent on Nintendo Switch devices.