After a strong Christmas with plenty of restocks, the PlayStation 5 is once again proving incredibly hard to come by. Despite launching back in 2020, the Sony console continues to sell out almost immediately. This has caused second-hand prices to skyrocket, as customers scurry to buy up stock. Indeed, one look at used tech site CEX shows that second-hand PlayStation 5 consoles are currently being sold for £650! That’s roughly £200 above the recommended retail price. Fortunately, however, it looks like the stock drought is about to come to an end, as GAME gets ready to open up PlayStation 5 pre-orders.
That’s according to the ever-reliable PS5 UK Stock page, which predicts a restock for early next week.
In a recent tweet, PS5 Stock UK suggests the console will be available to pre-order from between February 8 and February 10.
As with all PS5 restocks at GAME, the console should go on sale in the morning, from 9am-11.30am GMT.
While this is listed as a prediction, it ties in with previous reports of GAME restocking the device in early to mid-February.
That’s based on the fact that the PS5 release date is listed for February 18 on the GAME website.
It’s certainly long overdue, and a good indication that other websites could be about to follow suit.
If you’re thinking of setting your alarm to take advantage of the GAME restock, then check out the shopping tips below.
GAME also announces restocks the night before consoles go on sale, so make sure to follow the company on Twitter.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.