If you missed out on a PlayStation 5 before Christmas, then there are still some options available to you this weekend. While PS5 stock drops have been few and far between in January, there’s a good chance we’ll get a restock on the weekend. The most likely contender is ShopTo, which traditionally restocks the device on a Sunday. PlayStation Direct is also a possibility, with the official Sony store dropping at random times. Then there are the second-hand markets, where prices have started to drop. Express Online will be keeping this article updated with all the latest developments over the course the weekend. Links to all the major retailers can be found below.
If you’re desperate to secure a PlayStation 5 and are willing to spend a little extra, then it’s worth checking out the Cash Converters website.
At the time of writing, the retailer currently has hundreds of PS5 consoles in stock, both in disc form and digital.
Most of the PS5 consoles are brand new and boxed, although they have been unsealed to check the contents.
Consoles are currently available for £599 from Cash Converters, so check your local store for availability. Unboxed consoles are a little cheaper, it just depends what you’re after.
CEX is also selling the PS5, only you’ll have to pay £650 to get hold of a boxed console.
If you are willing to go this high, then head over to the CEX website, type in your postcode and see if the console can be purchased in your area.
If you want to purchase a brand new console, then check out the shopping tips below for a better chance of buying.
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]