If you’ve been playing Wordle since the very beginning, then chances are you’ve built up quite the streak. However, ever since the rights to Wordle were purchased by The New York Times, it feels like the daily puzzles are getting harder. If you’re struggling to solve those daily Wordle teasers, then Express Online is posting daily tips for each puzzle, continuing with Wordle 257. We won’t be giving away the answer, but continue to the bottom of the page if you want a little help solving the daily Wordle, courtesy of three clues. Good luck!
I’m guessing you probably already know how to play Wordle, but just in case you’re not familiar, here’s a refresher.
Players are given six chances to guess a different five-letter word each day. You can do this via the process of elimination.
For each guess, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, and your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released.
Read on for the Wordle 257 hints…
General Wordle tips…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
Wordle 257 clues…
1. Be careful not to get Wordle 257 wrong, you’ll feel great sorrow and regret if you fail.
2. Today’s Wordle puzzle has two vowels in it.
3. If you really want a helping hand, Wordle 257 starts with the letter ‘M’.