Wordle 266 is out now on The New York Times website. The latest Wordle puzzle is available for the next 24-hours, after which it will be replaced with a new word puzzle. If you’re struggling to solve Wordle 266 for March 12, then Express Online has put together a selection of three spoiler-free clues to help you guess the answer. Good luck with Wordle 266 on March 12, and check back on Sunday for new hints for the next Wordle puzzle.
Chances are you already know how to play Wordle, but if you are new to the game, here’s how it works.
The game begins with an empty grid, and players are given six chances to figure out a different five-letter word each day.
When you guess a word, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
If you really want a challenge, Wordle features a hard mode, which bans players from guessing letters that have already been ruled out.
It’s a fantastic game, although if you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released.
Read on for the Wordle 266 hints for March 12…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 266 hints and clues…
1. Wordle 266 contains two vowels.
2. Wordle 266 starts with the letter ‘T’.
3. Don’t worry if you miss Wordle 266, there’s always tomorrow.