Unbelievably, we’re almost at 300 Wordle puzzles! Wordle 299 is available for the next 24-hours only, after which it will be replaced by a brand new teaser. If you want to keep your long-running winning streak alive, then Express Online has put together a selection of spoiler-free hints and clues to help you solve the latest Wordle. Just head to the bottom of the page for help solving today’s fairly tricky puzzle.
Before we get to the clues, let’s quickly go over the rules. In Wordle, players are given six chances to guess a five-letter word.
You’ll need to use the process of elimination to uncover the correct answer, so pay close attention to the colour of the tiles.
If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You’ll also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 299 on April 14…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 299 hints and clues for April 14…
1. Wordle 299 starts with the letter M.
2. Wordle 299 contains two vowels.
3. Something you might use when making a bowl of chilli con carne.